Software Engineer for NeuroTech Hardware
Millions of people worldwide suffer from brain-related issues, such as migraine & dementia, that can already be addressed with the latest breakthroughs in neurotechnology.
We leverage cutting-edge research to develop vastly better solutions for the greatest challenges to brain health.
Mission-driven and with extensive international experience in MedTech, neuroscience, and AI, we have swiftly raised significant public and private capital and are currently at the most exciting point in the life of a startup: launching the moonshot. Help us build the business and grow the team to advance our innovations and bring them to the masses.
YOUR ROLE: Software Engineer for NeuroTech Hardware
You will be developing software solutions for our novel NeuroTech hardware from the ground up across the spectrum ranging from device control and signal processing firmware to analyzing and processing our EEG data and building ML solutions to improve data interpretation and stimulation efficacy. You will be a key part of the engineering team and closely collaborate on requirements, standards, and regulations.
For that, we believe it is good to co-locate with the team in Vienna, Austria – but we value performance and value-creation over face to face time.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: Be our Allrounder who develops software solutions for fast neural signal processing and operating our proprietary hardware and thus revolutionizing closed-loop neural stimulation
- Design software (and firmware) to control our non-invasive brain stimulation device including safety monitoring and closed-loop adaptability
- Process and analyze EEG data in near real-time
- Build our initial rudimentary app for clinical trials
- Build AI solutions to make predictions on patient progression, personalize and adapt non-invasive brain stimulation protocols and optimize artefact detection in biofeedback data
YOUR PROFILE: Drive & Ownership
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years of programming experience to develop software solutions
- 2+ years of experience writing software/ firmware to control hardware incl. microcontrollers
- Work experience in writing software in highly regulated industry (such as MedTech, Military, etc.)
- Product development experience from design-to-market, incl. testing & troubleshooting, fast or equivalent work experience
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot software
- Can-do attitude & drive
- English proficiency
- Advanced degree in Telecommunication, Signalprocessing - or Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in cloud computing
- 2+ years of experience with building AI solutions incl. recommendation systems & multimodal datasets
- Experience with high voltage control software
- Experience writing software for medical sensors such as EEG
- Fluent in both high- and low-level programming languages
- Experience building (mobile) apps
- ~75% office presence in first year
- Work permit for Austria
YOUR BENEFITS: Gain deep and hands-on experience in the vivid and fast-growing field of neuromodulation with personalized and highly innovative solutions
- Be at the forefront of the NeuroTech industry in a small, but fast-growing team
- Ride a steep learning curve
- Access world-class mentors
- Earn equity and create value for yourself
- Enjoy the advantages of a meritocracy with regards to days off or working hour schedule
- Co-locate with ergonomic furniture in exciting office prime location in the city center of Vienna
- Enjoy free coffee, brainfood, drinks, and brain stimulation experiments ;-)
This is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage venture advancing closed-loop non-invasive brain stimulation to address unmet, globally relevant clinical needs. You will join a highly competent team supported by seasoned MedTech experts, outstanding advisors, and world-leading scientists.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier (and exciting) place. It’s unlocking a career in an outstandingly exciting industry - a nucleus of what is to become a globally important company. At Brightmind.AI you will join a culture driven by excellence that helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones.
ABOUT US: Private and public capital-backed technology enthusiasts
Brightmind.AI is an Austrian MedTech startup founded in 2022 that brings clinically proven, self-learning neuromodulation to everyday life. With its ‘closed-loop’ non-invasive brain stimulation technology, Brightmind.AI personalizes stimulation and continuously improves the efficacy of therapies to the central nervous system. The competitive advantage is based on this continuous learning cycle and proprietary designs of an effective stimulation technique.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.
WHAT WE VALUE: Bright minds
- Driving change in the field of neurotechnology, fast
- Working on a cause that one can be proud of
- Intellectual integrity
- Taking ownership
- Having fun
WHAT WE OFFER: Meritocracy
- Market compensation (for legal purposes: At least (!) €50k gross p.a.) - readiness to tailor to your experiences & preferences